Nausea & Vomiting
Free order review
All orders are eligible for free review by our doctor. You will get doctor’s advice for no extra charge.
Save on Shipping
Make several orders within 24 hours and pay only one low shipping price for all your orders.
Your privacy - our concern
All our orders arrive in discrete unmarked packages. We leave description blank for your privacy.
Prescribing Information for Zofran (Ondansetron):
What is Zofran (Ondansetron)?
Zofran (Ondansetron) is classified as an Anti-emetic drug, thus prevents occurrence of vomiting. This drug works by blocking chemical mediators in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting.
Zofran (Ondansetron) is used to treat signs and symptoms of vomiting that may be due to surgery or medicine that treats cancer or chemotherapeutic drugs.
Apart from this, Zofran may also be used to treat other diseases and conditions not listed in this guide.
What is important to know about Zofran (Ondansetron)?
Never use this drug if you have a known allergy to Ondansetron, or to medicines similar to this one such as Dolasetron (anzemet), Granisetron (Kytril), or Palonosetron (Aloxi).If you have any of these other conditions, you may also need to have a dose adjustment or other special laboratory tests to confirm your safety in taking this drug:
- liver disease; or
- a personal or family history of Long QT syndrome (related to the heart conduction).
In terms of safety during Pregnancy, Zofran (Ondansetron) is classified under Category B which means Zofran is not expected to be harmful to an unborn child. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or are having plans of getting pregnant while in the course of treatment. It is unknown whether Ondansetron is passed into the breastmilk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Never use this medication unless you have disclosed to your doctor that you are breastfeeding a baby.
Zofran (Ondansetron) is a drug which contains phenylalanine, a type of protein. Be sure to inform your physician if you have a condition called phenylketonuria as you may not be able to metabolize this drug.
How should Zofran (Ondansetron) be taken?
Take Zofran as it was prescribed by your physician. Never take this drug in amounts lesser or greater than what was prescribed. Also take this drug for the entire duration of prescription. Read what is stated in your doctor’s prescription and be familiar with it.
Zofran (Ondansetron) can be taken with or without food but one must remember that this drug has to be taken with a full glass of water.The Ondansetron Orally Disintegrating Tablet (ODT) has to be taken differently:
- Keep the tablet in its blister pack until you are ready to take the medicine. Open the package and peel back the foil from the tablet blister. Do not push a tablet through the foil or you may damage the tablet.
- Using dry hands, remove the tablet and place it in your mouth. It will begin to dissolve right away.
- Do not swallow the tablet whole. Allow it to dissolve in your mouth without chewing.
- Swallow several times as the tablet dissolves. If desired, you may drink liquid to help swallow the dissolved tablet.
For the liquid form of Zofran, you may need a measuring spoon or cup in order to get the accurate dose of drug. Never use an ordinary table spoon to measure a drug. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your doctor or pharmacist for one.
Store Zofran (Ondansetron) at a room temperature, and keep it away from moisture and heat.
Side effects of Zofran (Ondansetron)Get emergency medical help if you experience any o the following signs of an allergic reaction Zofran such as hives, difficulty of breathing, swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat. Call your doctor’s attention immediately following a serious side effect like:
- blurred vision or temporary vision loss (lasting from only a few minutes to several hours);
- slow heart rate, trouble breathing;
- anxiety, agitation, shivering;
- feeling like you might pass out; or
- urinating less than usual or not at all.
- diarrhea or constipation;
- weakness or tired feeling;
- headache; or
- dizziness, drowsiness.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.