Elimite (Permethrin) Cream is a scabicide. It works by killing the scabies mite (Sarcoptes scabiei).
Free order review
All orders are eligible for free review by our doctor. You will get doctor’s advice for no extra charge.
Save on Shipping
Make several orders within 24 hours and pay only one low shipping price for all your orders.
Your privacy - our concern
All our orders arrive in discrete unmarked packages. We leave description blank for your privacy.
Prescribing Information for Elimite (Permethrin):
What is Elimite?
Permethrin topical is an antiparasitic medicine.
It is intended for application on skin and is prescribed for treatment of scabies and head lice.
The most important information about Elimite.
Follow the prescriptions of your doctor and the instructions which come with the medication carefully. Do not change your dose and do not use Elimite for a longer period than prescribed.
Do not take Elimite orally. It is indicated for application on skin, hair, fabrics, or other surfaces. You should not be applied to open cuts and wounds. Elimite should not be used if you have allergic reaction to permethrin or to chrysanthemums. For best results of treatment and to avoid reinfestation, it is recommended to treat your hair brushes and accessories, clothes, bed linens, hats, pillows, furniture, etc.) together with your body.
Do not have any sexual or intimate contact while you are infected with lice or scabies. Do not share combs, clothes, hats, brushes, bed linens, hair accesoires or any other personal things with anyone. Lice and scabies are very infectious.
How should Elimite be used?
Do not take Elimite orally. It is indicated for application on skin, hair, fabrics, or other surfaces.For treatment of scabies:
- Apply a thin layer of Elimite to dry and clean skin from the neck to the soles of the feet and massage the cream into the skin. Wash the medicine off after 8-14 hours.
- If you are treating a child with permethrin topical, apply the cream to his scalp, temples, and forehead. Do not apply the medicine near the mouth, nose, eyes or genitals.
- If 14 days after using permethrin topical, the scabies are still present, make a second application.
- You should apply shampoo to dry hair only. Spread it evenly on all hair and wait for 10 minutes. Then add warm water and work it into foam. Rinse it out carefully.
- If you are using cream rinse, you should wash your hair with shampoo without conditioner. Do not use 2-in-1 shampoo. Rinse it off well, dry your hair with a towel and leave it wet. Cover all your hair with cream rinse and wait for 10 minutes before you rinse it out.
- Protect your eyes covering them with a towel or washcloth while leaving the medicine on your hair.
- If lice are still present 7 days after the first application, repeat the treatment.
- You may use a nit comb to eliminate eggs of lice from your hair. Use a nit comb to wet hair. Treat only one part of your hair at once, dividing it through 1-2 inches from the scalp to the ends.
- Wash the nit comb frequently while using it. Put removed nits to a plastic bag, seal it and throw out to avoid recontamination.
- Examine your head every day to make sure that there are no nits left.
- Wash the infected area and dry it. Cover all public hair and all the hair around the anus and on the thighs with permethrin topical.
- Do not let the medicine get into rectum or vagina.
- Wait for 10 minutes. Then add warm water and work it into foam. Rinse out carefully.
- You may use a nit comb to eliminate eggs of lice from your public hair. Use a nit comb to wet hair.
- It is important that all sexual partners are also treated in order to prevent recontamination with crabs.
What side effects can Elimite cause?
Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of the following symptoms of allergy: trouble breathing; hives; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor promptly if you develop any of the following conditions: severe burning, stinging, redness, or swelling.Elimite may also cause less serious side effects:
- mild burning, stinging, or redness;
- numbness or tingling where the medication was applied; or
- itching or mild skin rash.
Elimite may also cause other side effects. Call your healthcare provider if you need information about them.