Free order review
All orders are eligible for free review by our doctor. You will get doctor’s advice for no extra charge.
Save on Shipping
Make several orders within 24 hours and pay only one low shipping price for all your orders.
Your privacy - our concern
All our orders arrive in discrete unmarked packages. We leave description blank for your privacy.
Prescribing Information for Abilify (Aripiprazole):
What is Abilify?
Abilify (aripiprazole) is an antipsychotic medicine working by altering the activities of certain natural substances in the brain.
Abilify is recommended for treating such mental illnesses as manic-depressive illness (bipolar illness) and schizophrenia. It is also combined with other medicines for treatment of major depressive disorder in elderly people.
Abilify can also be prescribed for treating irritable or aggressive behavior, sudden changes in mood, temper tantrums and tendency of children of 6 years and over suffering from autistic disorder to injure themselves.
The medication may also be prescribed for other uses.
What is important to know about Abilify?
Abilify must not be taken in case of dementia-related psychosis. Elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis treating with Abilify are in danger of pneumonia, heart failure and sudden death. You should stop taking Abilify and call your healthcare provider immediately in case of the following symptoms: sudden weakness or numbness, strong headache, problems with speech, vision or balance; fever accompanied with rigid muscles and increasing heart rate; muscle movements that you cannot control. Abilify can affect your ability to think or to react. Be careful if you drive or do any other activity requiring attention. Do not drink alcohol while taking Abilify as it can intensify some of side effects of the medicine.
Before using Abilify, tell your doctor if you use any other medicines provoking sleepiness (for example, sleeping pills, narcotic pain medicine, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety cold or allergy medicine, muscle relaxers). They can increase sleepiness provoked by aripiprazole.
Taking Abilify increases danger of overheat and dehydration. You should drink enough fluids especially if it is hot or if you are doing physical exercises.
How should Abilify be used?
Follow the prescriptions of your doctor and the instructions which come with the medication carefully. Do not change your dose and do not use Abilify for a longer period than prescribed.
Your doctor may adjust your dose to make certain that you get the most benefit from treatment.
You should not use aripiprazole for a period exceeding 6 weeks if your doctor does not prescribe it.
You may take Abilify with or without meal.
Do not use a table spoon to measure the dose of liquid form of Abilify. If you do not have a special dose-measuring cup or spoon, ask your healthcare provider where you can get it.In order to take orally dissolving tablets Abilify Discmelt:
- Do not open the blister package until you are going to take aripiprazole. When you are ready to take it, separate the foil from the blister without pushing the tablet through the foil.
- Take the tablet with dry hands and put it into your mouth, it will start to disintegrate immediately.
- You should not swallow or chew the tablet, it will disintegrate in your mouth itself.
- After the tablet has disintegrated, swallow it. You may drink liquid to swallow it more easily.
For best results take Abilify regularly.
You will need to be examined by your doctor regularly to make sure that Abilify helps you. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Abilify tablets should be kept at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
Keep liquid form of the medicine in the refrigerator, do not store it for more than 6 month from the date of opening.
What side effects can Abilify cause?Get emergency medicine if you experience any of the following symptoms of allergic reaction: trouble breathing; hives; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop taking Abilify and call your doctor promptly if you develop any of the following serious conditions:
- sudden weakness or numbness, headache, confusion, or problems with balance, speech or vision;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- fever, rigid muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or irregular heartbeats;
- uncontrolled convulsive muscle movements;
- increased thirst or urination, loss of appetite, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, nausea, and vomiting;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes);
- flu symptoms, shiver, fever, body aches;
- seizure (convulsions);
- thoughts of hurting yourself; or
- feeling like you might fall unconsious;
Abilify may also cause less serious side effects:
- headache, anxiety;
- weight gain
- constipation, mild stomach upset;
- choking or trouble swallowing;
- dizziness, drowsiness, or weakness; or
- sleep problems (insomnia).
Abilify may also cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you need medical advice about them.