Many drugs which are prescribed
to children have not been adequately studied in the paediatric population. Pharmaceutical companies are now required to produce medicines specifically aimed at 0-17 year olds which has resulted in an increase in paediatric clinical trials. Trials in children are tightly regulated and have both operational and ethical challenges which need to be overcome.
Join SMi at their 6th annual conference on Paediatric Clinical Trials that will explore a range of key issues relating to the involvement of children in pharmaceutical development. There will be a strong focus on operational considerations
when designing studies and an update on international regulations governing their conduct, ethical issues
surrounding the increase in outsourcing clinical investigations to developing countries.
Attendees will have access to presentations from a variety of senior professionals working in industry and renowned academic experts.
Register Now to hear from the top 10 pharma companies on key topics including:
- Lisa Moore-Ramdin, Senior Medical Advisor, Paediatric Vaccines, GlaxoSmithKline
- Sabine Desset-Brethes, Project Leader, Pharmaceutical & Analytical Development, Novartis
- Georg Schmitt, Head of Toxicology & NCS Paediatrics, F. Hoffman-La Roche
- David McIntosh, Global Scientific Affairs Senior Expert, Novartis
- Stephen Heaton, Head of Safety Risk Management Planning & Coordination, Bayer Healthcare
- Thomas Hassall, Senior Director, Regulatory Policy & Intelligence, Abbott Laboratories
- Ashley Strougo, Scientist, PK Modelling & Simulation, Astellas
Make sure you don't miss this fantastic opportunity.
For more information and to download the brochure click here
About SMi Group
The SMi Group is a world leader in business to business information. With nearly two decades in the business, thousands of senior executives from blue chip companies have already benefitted from SMi's highly targeted conferences, workshops and publications. For more information click here