is an antibiotic that has effective against many microbes which are responsible for causing many illnesses. This drug belongs to a group of fluoroquinones and is available in tablet, suspension and intravenous injection form. As mentioned above this drug is a broad spectrum medication that means it can be used to treat a range of bacterial infections and ailments some of the common conditions where levofloxacin
is administered are discussed below. Before we proceed to discuss about the indications it is mandatory to know that this medicine needs to be given only to patients above 18 years or adults. It must also be noted this medicine must be prescribed only ponce the causing agent has been ruled out. If you are having symptoms of illness such as flu or similar type of uneasiness, never self-medicate yourself on Levaquin as it may prove bad for your health. Now we will check some of the common conditions where levofloxacin can be administered.
• Bacterial sinusitis is a common illness amongst all age group of people and it generally affects the population during the changeover of season. This is evident in winter and spring season when the temperature is favorable for the bacterial microbes to infect.
• Worse situations of chronic bronchitis, in this acute bacterial infection happen in the bronchi of lungs.
• Pneumonia – An infection that affects the lungs and gradually weakens overall immune system.
• Skin related infections and tissues when get infected with bacterial agents making it itch and cause other uncomplicated infestations.
• Urinary tract infections in women who are exposed to unsanitary conditions due to high usage of public toilets and unhygienic lifestyle.
Important Safety and Medical Information about Levaquin (levofloxacin)
Though Levaquin is used to treat many bacterial manifestations it can cause serious side and adverse effects. Sometimes if not taken care immediately it can prove fatal. It is important to understand some of the symptoms and indications that will help you understand the side effects and when to talk to your health care professional if you come in contact with any of these descried situations and experience mentionedconditions.
Levaquin is an antibiotic which belong to the class of fluoroquinones and thus have a tendency to tendon rupture amongst all age group of patients. If the patient is above 60 then risk is manifold as by this age the tendons and the muscular structure have lost the strength due to ageing. If you are younger but have had a medical history in which you were a patient for heart kidney or lung disease/transplant then too the risk is high with this drug. If you are taking steroids then talk to your medical professional before they prescribe levofloxacin for you.
If you experience muscle pain or cramps while you are on Levaquin (levofloxacin) it may be a sign of worsening of condition such as tendinitis or myasthenia gravis. Call your doctor right away if you have shortness of breath or breathing problems. Also follow the prescription and take your medicine as instructed to avoid any complications with this antibiotic